Day five started out great. I made breakfast for my boys and
set them up downstairs watching a movie so I could watch them while I hopped on
the treadmill. It feels so great starting out my day by being active. I really
enjoyed how it made me feel when I was able to start and end my day with a
workout on Friday and I was hoping to be able to do the same yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get home until late after dropping my boys off for a sleepover at their grandparents. I ended up using the time I had before having to go to bed to make sure I still made my breakfast, lunch and snacks in advance.
I seem to be a little backwards compared to the people I
have talked to. I find it really easy to stay on track with my eating when I am
at home, rather than when I am at work. Although I put together my lunch and
snacks in advance for work, I find the temptation of snacking on junk food or
buying something sweet tends to be harder to deal with when I am sitting at a
desk for the day. Speaking of temptation, my darling boyfriend was a complete
trouble maker today! He was teasing me about the delicious brownies he made and
even held one under my nose until I couldn’t handle it anymore! NO, I did not
eat it right away, I was rather proud of myself; I wanted to make sure I could
fit it into my day without going over my calorie goal. He was a sweetheart and
said something along the lines of “do you not deserve a treat now and again?”
It made me think about an article I read. We talked a bit about body shaming
and this article focused on food shaming. Often when we are changing the way we
are eating we think of what foods are “good” for us and what foods are “bad”
for us. Thinking about it this way makes us feel really guilty when we give in
to that brownie or bag of chips. I really liked the way this article talked
about how we should be looking at food as fuel and think of it as efficient
fuel and less efficient fuel. This way it takes away the guilt and we can truly
enjoy the food that we are eating. I can tell you one thing, that brownie was
absolutely delicious and I don’t feel a bit guilty about eating it.
My mood was kind of up and down today, but even with that I
was able to stay on track with my eating and finished another great day. I had
originally planned to have today be my rest day, but when I got home I had a
ton of energy that I needed to work off so I did a workout instead of resting.
I made sure that it wasn’t as intense as the other days I have been working out
because it was originally intended to be a rest day but I feel great that I did
end up finishing my day active. There are so many times that mood can affect
you in a negative way when it comes to a workout. I have been there where I
have been down or angry and I start to workout and it just doesn’t feel right.
I tend to get more frustrated and either quit before I am finished or not
really give it my all. Or I just sit on the couch and make every excuse I can
to stay there because the last thing that I want to do is move. All I would be
thinking about is whatever it was that had gotten to me, now I think of all of
the energy I have built up that needs to be released and it feels so much
better.
Well today was day six, after making it through tomorrow
night I will have been on this adventure for a full week. I know it is just
beginning, but the changes that have taken place already are driving my
motivation. The conversations I am having every day with people who are working
on the same changes and people that are supporting me through this, inspire me.
The way that my boyfriend is there for me in every way possible with this while
still making sure I know that he loves me just the way I am makes me feel
absolutely amazing. Because of all of this, even if the only thing that changed
through this process what was a felt better and I have more energy, sleep
better and am more active I still love me. 2.8 pounds doesn’t change someone’s
appearance, but when I look in the mirror I love the beautiful woman looking
back at me. I look at my body and I am starting to see it the way my love does.
I feel beautiful, I feel sexy and I am not going to stop. I am completely
committed to my journey and I can’t wait to see what next week brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment