Let me begin by saying thank you to our veterans. Thank you
for your sacrifices so that my family can live free and share such a beautiful life
together. Lest we forget.
Life tends to throw curve balls just when you have a plan
set in place to achieve success. How successful you will be depends on how you
take those curve balls. Do you take them in stride and move around the
obstacles like water down a mountain? Or do you let it throw you off of your
feet?
My plan for today was to get my boys off to school and do my
morning workout, pick up some things we need, meet with my boys teachers at
noon, get some things finished around the house then do another workout either
with my boys tonight or once they went to bed. Last night around 11pm one of my
boys started to vomit. First, all over the floor of their shared room, then
several more times throughout the night into the bowl I kept beside him.
Needless to say I didn’t get very much sleep at all last night and I thought
that it was going to really throw me off this morning. When I got up to get my
other little man ready for school, my sick little bug went to sleep. After the
bus left I made the decision that I wasn’t going to let anything get in the way
of the wonderful feeling I have been enjoying, not even the flu. When my little
man opened his eyes I told him if he needed me I would be in the basement on
the treadmill and to simply call out to me and I would come to him. He didn’t
want to be away from me, so I set up my TV with a movie of his choice in front
of very comfortable blankets and pillows that I made into a nest for him. Then
this Momma hopped onto the treadmill and worked my butt off.
I still tracked everything I ate, came in under my calorie
goal, AND did a second workout tonight, finishing it only five minutes ago. I
feel incredible that even with life working against me I was able to stick to
my plan and take care of myself today. It has become so important to me knowing
just how good it is making me feel each and every day.
On a side note, one thing I did say I was going to do that I
did not, was to put my scale under my bed. This morning I couldn’t resist the
temptation and I stepped on it. I am going to be honest here and feel like I am
not the only one that has ever done this. There have been times that I have
stepped on the scale and tried to cheat by standing certain ways so that the
number would drop just a bit. This morning was not one of those days and so far
in my journey I have lost 2.8 pounds! Seeing those first pounds come off was
part of what drove my determination to stick to my plan for the day. I am even
more excited about what I am doing, how it is making me feel, and the affects
it is having on my body.
My son asked me this morning as I was on the treadmill, why
I had to work out. Like a flash, the things that have been said to me
throughout my life jumped forward in my mind. The body shaming comments, the
tears, the frustration, and the never truly feeling like I would ever be good
enough. I pushed all of it aside because I NEVER want my children to struggle
with the emotional roller coaster I have experienced. So I just smiled at him
and told him working out made me healthier, that it helped me to be stronger
and it makes me feel really good. He told me how he wants to work out too
because he wants to be strong like Mommy and Daddy. I want him to enjoy being
active, I want him to want to be active, not for a certain body type, but
because it makes him feel good and it makes him feel strong. I know that there
are things that will be said to my boys that I can’t stop, but if I can build
up their confidence in themselves I am hoping it won’t affect them in a
negative way.
Tomorrow I have a similar plan to today. I want to workout
first thing in the morning, eat great throughout the day and workout again
before I go to bed. The motivation I can feel surging through my body is
electrifying! I don’t’ ever want it to stop!
However, since I wasn’t able to get much sleep last night
and I don’t know how tonight is going to go, I think I am going to shower up
and pass out!
No comments:
Post a Comment