Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Week Two Down!

Wow! I can’t believe week two is now complete. This has been one heck of a ride so far! There have been successes, celebrations, falters, and frustrations and I am still going strong with a ton of motivation! I haven’t been working out as much over the past week. Life has been getting in my way, a lot. In the light of struggling to maintain the high activity in my day, I have been focusing on making sure I am watching what I am eating and making healthier choices and eating fewer cookies.

One of the things I have noticed is that I struggle a lot on my days off to drink enough water. When I start my day with a workout, this isn’t as difficult as I drink nearly 24oz just while I workout, however for some of the days in this past week when I wasn’t able to get my workout in there I struggle to drink that much throughout the entire day. For me, I find that my water intake is something that makes or breaks my success. If I’m not drinking enough water, I tend to want to snack more. In addition I don’t workout as hard when I finally do get to it because I don’t feel 100% up to it. After noticing this over the course of the last week it is something that I am definitely going to put a bigger focus on.

I was so hesitant to step on the scale this morning, knowing that I hadn’t worked out as much as I wanted to throughout the week made me nervous. Now even if that number on the scale didn’t lower, or it went up, I was still determined to be proud of the changes I had stuck to when it came to my eating. There were a few times over the course of this past week that all I wanted to do was sit down and eat three chocolate bars or an entire pie, depending on what I had available to me at the time, but I didn’t. I stayed on track and made sure that anything I ate was tracked on my app. So I was surprised when I stepped on the scale this morning and realized that I have met my first goal! I was so excited when I saw that, I squealed and my children came running to see what was going on. I am now only 2.6 pounds away from my next goal, which is to lose a total of 10 pounds before December 1st. I have eight days to do this and I am determined to make it! Another goal I am going to have for week three is to workout a minimum of six days. After not being as consistent with it this week I want to make sure I get that part of my journey back on track.

I haven’t done my workout yet this morning, but afterwards I plan on cooking up some meals in advance for this week and putting together my breakfast, lunch and snacks for tomorrow. I am finding that getting everything together the day before when I go to work is helping me to stick to my plan.

With each day that I can stay on track I feel my momentum growing. Every day when I complete my log I feel good, knowing that I am changing my life one day at a time is an incredible feeling. Hearing how my journey and my words are inspiring others is also something amazing. I love talking about this journey with my friends and family and watching their faces light up and the fire that builds inside of them as well. Having more people around me stepping up to change their lives as well, to make healthier choices and push themselves to be more active each and every day is something that is inspiring me. Having an effect on those around me with the choices that I am making for myself and my family drives my motivation to its maximum. I am seriously pumped to start this week and to get things ready for another great week. I’m looking forward to see just what I can do before the beginning of the New Year. I have 22.8 pounds left to go to hit my goal weight. I know I can get there and I am planning on hitting that goal by my birthday on February 8th. I like having my short term goals to keep me motivated as I go along each day, but I also like having a timeline for hitting my goal weight so I really feel like it is crunch time and I can push myself to give it all I have.


Next month is going to be a big challenge, but I am ready for it! Let’s do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment