Monday, 14 November 2016

Day Seven - Week One Down

Today it has officially been a week since I decided to get serious about making a healthy lifestyle change and I feel amazing. I wasn’t in the greatest of moods when I got home tonight and was seriously considering having tonight be my rest night since I worked out last night when I wasn’t going to. Instead I thought about the energy I had building up inside of me and got changed after putting my boys to bed and worked out for almost an hour. When I was done I felt so much better. I’m really glad I didn’t let a sour mood stop me from staying on track.

I did have a little bit of trouble with my eating today, but not in the way you would expect. Although my darling did give me a chocolate bar (one that I have saved and haven’t even tasted as of yet) it wasn’t so much staying away from the foods that I wanted to avoid that was the issue. I didn’t find I was as hungry as I have been on previous days since I cut back on my calories and I struggled to ensure that I had enough in my day to so I was not being unhealthy. Some people in my life who have struggled to love themselves have blindly cut back on what they were eating to the point where they may have been having 600 or 700 calories in a day. This is NOT the way to reach your goals. Starving your body is doing the opposite of what you think you are. But refusing to eat enough to properly function throughout the day you are actually training your body to store everything it can because your system doesn’t know when the next proper meal is coming. This person was so frustrated because they weren’t seeing the results they wanted. Finally they increased what they were eating in a day, made healthy choices in the fuel they were putting into their body, and started to exercise regularly and now they have nearly reached their goal in the right way.

I have been starting to think about next month. There are going to be so many things going on that could throw me off track. There will be big family dinners, cookies, chocolates and so many potentially lazy days. I wanted to put a plan in place to make sure that I don’t stray away from my goals. I am thinking about week over week scheduling my workouts and planning more than one day in advance when it comes to what I will be eating. I can make a lot of the meals during my days off and get the snacks for the week together on my weekend. This way I won’t even have to think about eating right as everything will be close at hand to grab and go and I will have my workout as part of my schedule so there is no excuse not to make the time for it.

I want to start exploring new meals over the next couple of weeks. I tried out a new chili recipe my mom gave to me. Though it wasn’t spicy enough for me (I love spicy food and pretty much drink hot sauce) it was pretty tasty. It got me thinking though that I haven’t tried a lot of new recipes lately. I am planning, over the remainder of this week, to find some low calorie meals that peak my interest. I LOVE food and really enjoy cooking so I feel this could be the next step in making my adventure even more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment